Shop the Look: High Low Ruffle Hem Dress • Chunky Knit Cardigan • Belen Slouchy Booties • Aimee Layered Y Chain Necklace • Gold Mary Links Bracelet • Cable Wire Bracelet • Damir Ebene LV Repurposed Apple Watch Band • Karen Walker Sunnies (similar here and here)
Mother Nature finally decided to send a little taste of fall weather to Austin this week and I couldn’t resist stopping by Trader Joe’s on my way home Tuesday to pick up a bouquet of sunflowers and a pumpkin. If you haven’t bought flowers from Trader Joe’s you have to check it out. I walked out the door with my wallet only $6 lighter! Now that is what I’m talking about!
Sometimes we all need a little extra TLC. I attended a professional development this week and learned a few quick ways to reduce stress and take care of yourself. The best part, they all take just a few minutes. I hope you find a few that will be helpful to you as well!
1. Create a 5-10 song playlist. Include songs that make you so happy you can’t resist singing to in the car on the way to work in the morning!
2. Drink at least 60 ounces of water a day.
3. Find something you enjoy that doesn’t involve much thought. For me this includes watching some of my favorite shows or reading a really good “for me” book.
5. Take one minute in the car to breathe before walking into your house. There are apps you can use or if you have an Apple Watch it has a 1 minute breathe app.
6. Go for a 15-30 minute walk. This time of year the weather is perfect to soak up a little vitamin D, excercise outside without having a heat stroke, and helps reduce anxiety & stress.
7. Try yoga! Start slow…you can find free routines on Fitstar Yoga or a few poses on the internet. Both can be done from home first thing in the morning or before bedtime.
8. Try to eat healthy. I know it’s hard especially when stressed! I’ve been cutting back on sweets and trying to stick with lean meats like chicken & salmon with my favorite veggies.
9. Have a glass of wine while sitting outside watching the sunset.
10. Set times to unplug. It’s hard to remember life before the smart phone but believe it or not somehow we survived. Spend quality time with family and friends uninterrupted by emails, texts, and social media.
What do you do to take care of YOU?
I wish you the happiest of Fridays and a wonderful weekend!
Keeping it Short & Sweet,